Thursday, January 17, 2008

Weather With Beth

No... the title of this comment isn't a mistake...now I realize that I'm meant to be an anchor (lol), but I have to put in my time and try other positions. Today we did the news live... so that means that if I mess up... I mess up, and everyone who watches it will see my error made. But I didn't mess up, I did it perfect!!! OR SO I THOUGHT! We were all getting ready to leave and what happens, "Beth, we need to do weather again because we did it wrong in the control room and we switched it to the wrong camera." AHH!! So, I go to do the weather forecast over and... wouldn't you know it... I messed up! Someone (Ed) once told me that we mess up when we don't do shows live, because in our minds we know we can, but when we do it live...we we do it right, because if we happen to make a mistake then we just have to live with it and there's no option to go back and change anything.

Needless to say though, it was a good day and I did get some good information from Jill. My favorite was the list of all the stations in the country and what they ranked. So, now I can start looking up information on the places that I would like to get my first job at, and know that i'm not applying for a station that is a top 75 market, when I would think that they would be ranked like 120...so that'll help me out!

3 comments:

John W said...

You did well with the weather. Especially considering that you could never say "today" at all.

Tracy F said...

Yeah, you did do a great job! And I will e-mail you those pics.

Dustin said...

Some of these cities on the list are way higher than I thought.