Wednesday, January 9, 2008

KMOV

The first thing I noticed when watching KMOV's “4 In The Morning” at six was Virginia Kerr. I will admit that it’s because I was looking for her though. I wanted to study her before I interview her, to get a feel of how she does things, so I can make sure that she feels comfortable. However, besides that I noticed the “News 4” logo behind the anchors. The two anchors were Virginia Kerr and Marc Cox. Virginia was wearing a turquoise sweater, bulky necklace, and some dangly earrings. Marc was wearing a black suit, white shirt, and a red dotted tie.

The news started with Matt Chambers and a weather report. He talked about storm reports and said that it will be getting “cooler, rather than warmer”. Just a moment later Paul Cook updated with traffic and stressed the flooding on roads, from the rain. Throughout the first ten minutes of the news there were no live shots of reporters. However, Christine Doyle’s voice was on the air as a live shot by the West County mall showed what traffic looked in that area. Christine also explained that even at six in the morning, there was already a ton of cars out.

One story I remember was about Southern Wisconsin and the January storms that hit them. They reached a new January high and about a dozen people were hurt from all the storms they had. Another story I remember was about Barack Obama pushed even farther ahead for the Democratic race for President. So far today, the presidential primary in New Hampshire is proving his lead on the other candidates. If Missourians want to vote, then their deadline to register is tomorrow. One other story I remember was about a tornado that passed through Webster County. In the tornado’s path was two people…which didn’t make it out alive.

The newscast seems credible because they work at a well established station. Also, they all look nice and appear to know what they’re talking about. I would definitely watch this station again. The casts’ voices are easy on my ears and they all dress nicely. Also, even though there was not a lot of news stories within the first twenty minutes of the newscast…there was a ton of traffic and weather updates. Since the show was about the time that everyone would be leaving for work or school, it seemed appropriate!

No comments: