Tuesday, January 15, 2008

KTVI

The first thing I noticed on the show was the background, behind the anchor, it’s Saint Louis and has a blue tint to it, it just popped out at me. However, something that also “popped” out at me was that the anchors were holding a little baby Jesus in a crib. I guess they found it and said that if anyone was missing the baby Jesus to call Fox 2 and claim it. The anchors were Randi Naughton and John Pertzborn. Randi was wearing a red jacket and John was wearing a light brown suit with a yellow undershirt and tie. After they talked about the baby Jesus Glenn Zimmerman talked about the weather and informed me that today will be bright, but not necessarily warm. The high for today is 36 degrees. After a few stories ran Glenn came back on camera and played the song of the day, “On a Clear Day.” While this ran it showed what it currently looks like outside, at the Lambert Airport.

The reporters I saw in the first ten minutes were Shawn Lindsey and April Simpson. Shawn Lindsey talked about how Kenneth Hall Regional Hospital might be closing. There will be a hearing at nine this morning to decide what they are going to be doing with the hospital. Her stand up was in East Saint Louis, in front of the hospital. April Simpson was also live this morning in Kirkwood to talk about the excessive speeding on I-44. To help with the traffic situation they added another lane, however it is more narrow than the rest of the lanes. That doesn’t stop people from driving extremely fast in the lane, at speeds of 90 degrees. April talked with the highway patrol and they said that just because there isn’t any shoulders on the interstate, they will still pull you over. They had some b-roll of a car in the far left lane speeding, quickly passing cars. After that came Real Time Traffic, with Monica Adams. She showed that there was a huge back-up on 270.

I think that the newscast seems nice and likeable. They are communicating with each other, as well as looking into the camera. They seem credible, because they sound confident in what they say, are dressed nicely, and the stories they report on sound well researched. I will definitely watch this station again, FOX 2... not only because I like the newscast, but because I’ll be interning them and helping them out with their morning show this coming Monday!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That doesn’t stop people from driving extremely fast in the lane, at speeds of 90 degrees.

I usually keep my car at around 80 degrees on the way to work, 90 degrees is WAY too fast =P