Friday, January 11, 2008

Edit...Edit...Edit...

Yup...It was that time today....EDITING!!! I already knew how to edit...so it wasn't really anything new to me. You see… I took video production and got very involved with Avid. I might have...perhaps...annoyed everyone in my group, because I'm a huge perfectionist and I think that everything has to be perfect. But if there is one thing I've learned from Jill and Virginia, it's that you don't have a lot of time to edit your packages when you're actually on the job and working at a station. You may have only 20 minutes to edit… and that is definitely something that I have to work on, because I can spend hours and hours editing one two minutes package.

Today we also had our scripts due. Out of mine and Neal’s... Neal won. :( I’m just kidding... Congrats Neal! Now don’t you think that mine wasn’t good... because it was great... in my opinion I did a good a job and it was just a person preference on who’s scripts we got to actually use to edit. However, we did use Neal to do our voice-over and stand-up, because when we did stand-ups Dustin and I wore jeans (booo) and Neal dressed nicely... in black pants and a nice collared shirt.

We also met with Jill and she gave us a little voice lesson. She gave some good pointers on how to speak, breath, and pace myself while reading. She was very informational and told me about some things I was doing... that I didn’t know I was doing before... so now comes the tough part... fixing everything!!!

1 comment:

Neal S said...

I blogged about you and your "helpfulness" on friday...make sure to check it out...oh, and I am sure we will use yours next week!