Thursday, January 10, 2008

Operation Camera

In class today we turned in our logs for our packages. We also talked a little bit about interviewing and how to get the people that you’re interviewing to say what you want by asking the same questions in different ways. Plus, it’s hard to interview children because they all want to be on television, but when it comes time and you have the camera set up, lights up and rolling, they freeze up and don’t want to talk anymore. They start saying yes, no, and I don’t know to all the questions that you ask.

Then we went over to the television studio and taped the news. It was my day to run the cameras. I set the camera up to tape the sports with John Walsh, entertainment with Dustin Bailey, and weather with Davina Horton. When we were done taping those segments I had to rearrange the cameras and set them up for the news. I lined up camera three to set on Michael Calhoun and camera one to set on Neal Steinbach. Mike had to be more positioned on the right of the screen because his graphics were going to be on the top left of the screen and it was the complete opposite for Neal, so I positioned him more on the left of the frame. Even though I want to be in front of the camera…it is essential to know how to do the work behind the camera too! All of the students that did the newscast did a great job…I’m proud to call them my classmates!

1 comment:

SAKSHI BAGAI said...

when am i gonna learn how to run the camera?? hope u can teach me sometime.