Thursday, January 3, 2008

My First Day

You heard me right... I've already started school and today was my first day...NOT yesterday! (I came to school yesterday...thinking it was the 3rd, but it wasn't...lol) We did the usual first day stuff...review the syllabus and talk about what we are going to be doing throughout the next few weeks. I have to admit that I'm really excited that Virginia Kerr is going to be speaking to our class next week!!! Ahhh, I'm so stoaked...I have to chance to (somewhat) "pick at her brain" and hopefully learn several things from her! I know she won’t be shy because she’s used to being in front of a camera everyday, but the only thing I might be worried about is that she’s too professional or that she doesn’t “loosen” up enough so that we can talk to her as not just someone to look up to…but like a friend…in a sense.

We also did a "fake" news cast, which was pretty cool because we were able to see how everyone else in the class read the same script. I think I did okay…obviously it wasn’t the greatest thing I’ve ever done or will do…but after this class I hope to gain the knowledge of how to do everything correctly and hopefully I pick everything up in the short amount of time that we have for this course. I do however know that I am going to learn a ton in this class and I'm positive that I'll have a blast doing it!!

No comments: